Migraine can be both one sided or sometimes bilateral headaches, which are recurring and pulsating in nature and may or may not be associated with nausea and vomiting, also causing sensitivity to light, sound or smell and lasting from 2 to 72 hours.
Migraine with Aura:
The auras act as a warning to patients, making them aware in advance. The effects of an aura can include:
- Confusing thoughts or experiences
- A perception of strange, sparkling or flashy lights
- Zig-zagging lines in the visual field
- Blind spots or blank patches in the vision
- A feeling of pins and needles pricking in an arm or leg
- Difficulty in speaking
- Stiffness in the shoulders, neck or limbs
- Unpleasant smell
Migraine without Aura
More commonly, a person will experience a migraine without any sensory disturbance leading up to the attack. Between 70 and 90 percent of migraines occur without an aura.
There are other types of migraines related to specific syndromes or triggers, including:
Chronic migraine: This refers to any migraine that triggers attacks for over 15 days of a month.
Menstrual migraine: This is when the attacks occur in a pattern connected to the menstrual cycle.
Hemiplegic migraine: This causes weakness on one side of the body for a temporary period.
Abdominal migraine: This is a syndrome that connects migraine attacks to irregular functioning of the gut and abdomen. It mainly occurs in children under 14 years of age.
Migraine with brainstem aura: This is a rare type of migraine that can trigger severe neurological symptoms,
such as affected speech.
- Reducing the dependency on medicine
- Improving the quality of life
- Improving the lung capacity and alleviating the congestion
- Reduces wheezing and strengthens the airways
- Improves the breathing pattern
- Individual wellness consultation
- Dental consultation
- Body composition analysis
- Daily fitness & leisure activities (such as Gym, Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation, Miniature golf, Lawn tennis, Badminton, Swimming in Temperature-controlled pools, Reflexology Track etc.)
- Yogic kriyas (includes Neti, Kunjal Kriya, Laghu Shankh Prakshalan & Trataka as per our resident doctor's recommendation)
- Customized wellness cuisine including breakfast, lunch, dinner & non-alcoholic beverages
- 10, 14 or 21 nights stay
This experience includes a bouquet of treatments such as Choorna Pinda Sweda, Upanaha Sweda, Compress/packs, Acupuncture, Yoga and more. These therapies shall be planned and customised post individual consultation with one of our doctors.
Disclaimer: Please note that Naad's doctors may request for certain medical reports prior to confirmation of your reservation for this program.