Migraine can be either one-sided or bilateral headaches, which are recurring and pulsating in nature. These may or may not be associated with nausea and vomiting but tend to cause sensitivity to light, sound or smell and can last from 2 to 72 hours.
Migraine headaches are of two types – with and without aura
Migraine with Aura:
Migraine with auras act as a warning to patients, making them aware in advance. The effects of an aura can include:
- Confusing thoughts or experiences
- A perception of strange, sparkling or flashy lights
- Zig-zagging lines in the visual field
- Blind spots or blank patches in the vision
- A feeling of pins and needles pricking in an arm or leg
- Difficulty in speaking
- Stiffness in the shoulders, neck or limbs
- Unpleasant smell
Migraine without Aura
On the other hand, migraine without aura are without any sensory disturbance leading up to the attack. Almost 70-90% of migraines occur without an aura.
There are also other types of migraines related to specific syndromes or triggers, including:
Chronic migraine: Triggers attacks for over 15 days of a month.
Menstrual migraine: Occurs in a pattern connected to the menstrual cycle.
Hemiplegic migraine: Causes weakness on one side of the body for a temporary period.
Abdominal migraine: A syndrome that connects migraine attacks to irregular functioning of the gut and abdomen. It mainly occurs in children under 14 years of age.
Migraine with brainstem aura: A rare type of migraine that can trigger severe neurological symptoms, such as affected speech.
- Reduced number of episodes and frequency
- Reduced dependency on medicine
- Individual wellness consultation
- Body composition analysis
- A combination of Ayurveda and Naturopathy therapies
- Dental consultation
- Yogic kriyas such as Jal Neti, Kunjal Kriya, and Laghu Shankh Prakshalan
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Guided meditation
- Access to fitness and leisure activities such as gym, miniature golf, lawn tennis, badminton, temperature-controlled swimming pool, reflexology track and more
- Wellness cuisine including breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments and non-alcoholic beverages
- 10, 14, or 21 nights stay
The therapies part of this program (such as Shirodhara, Nasya, Shiroabhyanga, Acupuncture and Reflexology amongst others) shall be planned and customised by our resident doctors after an individual consultation with them.
Disclaimer: Please note that Naad's doctors may request for certain medical reports prior to confirmation of your reservation for this program.